Just for today,
do not get angry,
do not worry,
be kind to others.
What is Reiki?
Reiki means ‘Universal Life Force (Energy)’ and is a Japanese form of energy healing using the hands as channels of energy. It is based on the principle that life force energy flows within us all. Whenever this life force energy is low, illness and disease may occur. For example, when we have a stressful experience and the stress is not dealt with effectively, blocks can remain in our energetic system, impeding our natural healing ability (our immune system).
Reiki assists with unblocking energy flow within the body. It is remarkably effective for stress reduction and relaxation, which triggers the body’s natural healing so that the entire system can re-establish harmony. This, in turn, brings about a sense of peace and wellbeing.
Reiki is compatible with all belief systems, enhancing life on a physical, emotional, mental and spiritual level.
Reiki is complementary to, but not a substitute for professional medical or psychological treatment.
Reiki can help assist with (but not limited to) the following:
- Reducing stress
- Creating a greater sense of balance
- Engaging the body’s own natural ability to heal
- Increasing vitality and energy
What to expect during a Reiki treatment:
Your session time includes discussion on how you are feeling physically, mentally and emotionally and what you are hoping to gain. This confirms your intention for your participation in the self-healing process.
In order to establish a trusting and co-operative working relationship, everything discussed is kept strictly confidential.
There will be relaxing music playing in the background. You will be asked to lie on your back on a massage table and will remain fully clothed, except for your shoes (socks can remain on). You will be covered with a blanket during the treatment (unless requested otherwise). All you need to do is close your eyes and try to relax; there is no effort required on your part for Reiki to work.
There are no words exchanged during the treatment. The practitioner then places their hands on your body, in a series of hand positions. If you prefer not to be touched, then that’s quite okay – Reiki can also be performed with hand placements just above the body.
Receiving a treatment is unique to each individual. Some people will feel energy as heat, and others will feel cool. Some will experience a tingling sensation and sometimes others experience very little, but most people will feel a sense of peace and relaxation. Some people may even fall asleep. These are all perfectly normal healing sensations. Sometimes Reiki can awaken emotions that have been suppressed in the body for a while that needs to be released. This is also perfectly normal.
After the session is finished, you will be offered some water to drink. A treatment can leave you feeling a little sleepy or you may feel totally energised. Either is perfectly normal.
Personal sessions are available at Wheelers Hill, Melbourne, by appointment.
* A minimum of 48 hours notice is required for cancellations/re-scheduling, or your pre-paid session will be forfeited (no refund). You are, however, most welcome to send a friend in your place (applies to Reiki sessions only).
* Your session is reserved especially for you. If you are late, your session will still end at the appointed time to avoid delay for the next scheduled appointment.
* All clients under the age of 18 are required to have a parent/guardian present in the room for the duration of the session.
* Reiki is complementary to, but not a substitute for professional medical or psychological treatment. We do not prescribe or make a diagnosis. Please refer to your medical practitioner for diagnosis of any medical issues, and suitable prescriptions or adjustments to medications.